Professor Green Screen - Making photography fun for everyone
Green Screen Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Where are the sample foreground and background images?
- A. After you download and install Professor Green Screen, you will see the
samples images in
C:\Program Files (x86)\ProfessorGreenScreen\Sample Images
there are two directries Foreground and Background in the above directrory.
Notice the screenshot shows the samples as the path
- Q. How do I manually select the key color?
- A. If your foreground (FG) picture has a small area of green or blue that you would like to key out.
You can select the FG Only radio button, then lick on the Color swatch (it will push in) then
as you move the mouse over the green of the forefround picture you will notice the color
swatch track with the color. Click on that color on the foreground picture, now select
the FG+BG or FG+checker and tune the solid and transparent colors.
- Q. Isn't green screening equipment expensive and complex?
- A. Like anything you can spend any amount of cash on photography. But green backdrops can be
simply a piece of cardboard, a fabric from sewing store. Use a high thread count like 400 or more.
Or a wall painted green. It's a ratio of work to convenience depending on how much you can afford.
- Q. What about expensive lighting? Isn't that the key.
- A. Yes, lighting the chroma key evenly is key. You can use low cost Fluorescent
lighting from a home improvement store, or use $10 halogen utility work lights. Gorilla lighting
is for folks on a budget.
- Q. If my hard drive crashes, can I re-register the Professor Green Screen for free?
- A. Yes you are protected from crashes, we take care of you.
- Q. What type of graphics files can be used for FG & BG pictures?
- A. PGS reads and writes jpg, png, gif, bmp, and tiff files.
- Q. What if my screen isn't exactly green as shown? Can PGS be adjusted to accept other screen hues?
- A. Yes, PGS tunes to the chroma key color automatically, or manually with the palette button. Almost
any color except black can be keyed out.
- Q. Do I need internet access, full time, or can I work off line?
- A. You can work offline.
- Can I set the resolution of the processed image different from the input images?
- Yes, PGS handles files from 320x320 to 8000x8000 each FG, BG and CK image size independently.
- Q. Can PGS work with special formats like B&W or sepia photos?
- A. We recommend you apply special effect after the chroma keying. Since the key
subject needs to avoid having the key color on them.
- Q. My purchased key code will not activate, what's wrong?
- A. We suggest pasting in the key code that was email to you and not typing it in.
Pay attention to: Letters I L O Q B and numbers 1 0 8 -- View the key code
with another font to see visual differences.
- Q. What rsolutions are best for printed pictures?
- We suggest tripling these number, so for an 8x10 the aspect ratio should be
1.25 (10/8) or 0.8 (8/10) this means portrait is 2304x2880 and lanscape is 2880x2304
5x7 is a aspect ratio of 1.4 or portrait is 1170x1638, and landscape swaps the Height and
Height for 1638x1170.
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED RESOLUTION
4 x 6 540x360 pixels
5 x 7 546x390 pixels
8 x 10 960x768 pixels
Wallets 546x390 pixels
Walmart 8x10 wallet set 1050x750 pixels
Poster: 11x14 980x770 pixels
Poster: 12x18 1260x840 pixels
Poster: 16x20 1400x1120 pixels
Poster: 20x30 2100x1400 pixels
Poster Collage 11 x 14 3000x2000 pixels
Poster Collage 12 x 18 3000x2000 pixels
8x20 Locker Poster Collage 1800x720 pixels
Poster Collage 16 x 20 3000x2000 pixels
Poster Collage 20 x 30 3000x2000 pixels
Photo Mug 15oz 1000x750 pixels
Photo Mug 11 oz 742x349 pixels
4 x 8 Greeting Card 1024x768 pixels
5 x 7 Greeting Card 1200x900 pixels
5x7 Postcard 1200x900 pixels
5 x 6 640x480 pixels
4.25x6 Postcard 900x638 pixels
2x6 Photo Banner 1800x1440 pixels
2x8 Photo Banner 1800x1440 pixels
4x6 Flipbook 540x360 pixels
5x7 Flipbook 546x390 pixels
8x11 Linen Cover Photo Book Cover: 1639x1233 pixels
Pages: 1280x1024 pixels
5x7 Paper Cover Photo Book 1280x1024 pixel
2x3 Mini Photo Book 580x435 pixel
Photo Mug 15oz 858x400 pixels
Photo Mug 11 oz 742x349 pixels
Notepad 370x370 pixels
Wave Bracelet with 1 Charm 68x68 pixels
Fleece Blanket 2418x2028 pixels
Collegiate Fleece Blanket 1930x1260 pixels
Military Fleece Blanket 2203x1800 pixels
Stickers (20) 525x525 pixels
3x4 Magnet Set-3 magnets 640x480 pixels
4x6 Magnet Set- 3 magnets 640x480 pixels
Round Glass Ornament, Set of 3 150x150 pixels
All other items 900 x 600 pixels
Print Size/Product Minimum Image Resolution
4x6 Prints 540x360 pixels
5x7 Prints 630x450 Pixels
8x10 Prints 900x720 pixels
Wallet Prints 270x180 pixels
11x14 Posters 1008x792 pixels
12x18 Posters 2682x1788 pixels
16x20 Posters 2980x2384 pixels
20x30 Posters 4470x2980 pixels
24x36 Posters 5400x3600 pixels
2x6 Banner 1800x1440 pixels
2x8 Banner 1800x1440 pixels
Photo Gifts 900x600 pixels
4x8 Photo Cards 640x426 pixels
5x7 Photo Cards 640x480 pixels
5x7 Folded Cards 840x600 pixels
4.25x6 Postcards 720x480 pixels
5x7 Postcards 840x600 pixels
Custom Cover Photo Books 1280x1024 pixels
Brag Books 580x435 pixels
Notebooks 1350x1000 pixels
Notepads 370x370 pixels
Stickers 370x370 pixels
8x10 Canvas 710x768 pixels
11x14 Canvas 994x781 pixels
12x12 Canvas 852x852 pixels
16x20 Canvas 1420x1136 pixels
20x24 Canvas 1740x1420 pixels
20x30 Canvas 3000x2000 pixels